A Continuing Education Module for the APTA Geriatrics
1. Incorporating Cognitive-Based Functional Assessment into Physical Therapy Practice to Help Guide Person-Centered Care of People Impacted by Alzheimer's Disease: A focus on the GSD/FAST Staging System
2. Caregivers in Crisis: Strategies to address Caregiver Health and Wellness.
3. Attending to the Science of Dual Tasking: Our Current Evidence for Testing and Treatment
4. Legal and Ethical Reasoning to Enhance Compassionate Care in Patients Experiencing Cognitive Decline
5. Dementia: Improving Function and Quality of Life with a Biopsychosocial Approach
6. Delirium Prevention, Assessment and Treatment by the Physical Therapist.
7. Application and Interpretation of Functional Outcome Measures for Testing Individuals with Cognitive Impairment.
1. Lise McCarthy, PT, DPT, GCS
2. Margaret Danilovich, PT, DPT, PhD, GCS and Rodney Weir PT, MPT, DHS, NCS
3. Mike Studer, PT, MHS, NCS, CEEAA, CWT, CSST
4. Michelle Criss, PT, DPT, GCS and Jill Heitzman, PT, DPT, PhD-ABD, GCS, NCS, CWS, CEEAA, FACCWS and Mary Ann Wharton, PT, MS
5. Julie Hardy, PT, MS, COS-C and Nicole A. Morgan, OTR, CAPS, CSA, C.H.A.M.P.
6. Mary G. Fischer, PT, DPT, GCS. and Jena Harb, PT, DPT, GCS and Kristine L. Josef, PT, DPT, NCS
7. Jennifer Nash, PT, DPT, NCS, MSCS, CEEAA and Christy Ross, PT, DPT, GCS, CDP, MSCS
References can be found at the end of each chapter in the module.
Physical Therapists and Physical Therapist Assistants
CONTACT HOURS/CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS
Completion of the CE Module is equivalent to 4 contact hours. This converts to .4 Continuing Education Units.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
A Continuing Education certificate will be provided to each participant after successful completion of the course requirements (post-test and module evaluation) and payment of a processing fee. The APTA Geriatrics is a recognized component of the American Physical Therapy Association. The APTA Geriatrics has not applied to any state licensure agency for prior approval of this course. The module has all the components (content, objectives, qualified instructors, reference lists, and post-test) that will allow participants to submit the certificate of completion to meet CE requirements in some states. Participants are urged to check with their State Licensure Board to see if this course counts towards continuing education credit.
To obtain CEUs for this continuing education unit, participants must complete the ONLINE post-test as well as the ONLINE evaluation form. A processing fee of $40.00 for APTA Geriatrics members and $80.00 for non-members is required. Read the module and complete the post-test and the evaluation online and provide payment online.
Upon submission of materials and a passing score of 80% or higher on the post-test, you will receive a continuing education certificate for .4 CEUs. Those who do not pass the first time will be notified via email and given the opportunity to re-take the exam. There is only ONE correct answer for each question.
NOTE: This exam is to be performed ONLINE ONLY.